Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday 2006

Today is Good Friday. I sang the part of Jesus in the singing (chanting) of the St. John's Passion at the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. John (Episcopalian) along E. Rodriguez Sr. Blvd., right inside the compound containing St. Luke's Hospital and Trinity College. Although the part is easy, it is still very baffling for me with regards interpretation. Should I sing it loud, or soft? Should I modulate my voice, to sound like a king, or a humble person? All these thoughts are going through my mind as I sing the part. Even while singing it, I feel so totally unworthy that I am actually singing HIS part. Parang feeling ko pari dapat ang kumanta (well, pari dapat ang kumanta, pero inassign na nila sa akin ang role na ito every year since the late 90's). May lumalapit naman sa akin afterwards, saying they were touched by my singing, and I don't even know how to react to that. A ewan. Let's see what will happen next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home