Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cancer

I've just received the most depressing news that one of the Philippine Madrigal Singers alumni, Jenny Ileto-Severino, is battling cancer with chemotherapy. I really hope she gets well.

It seems to me that there are less and less people dying of natural causes, and more people dying of cancer. Sometimes even if you are a very healthy person, you will be stricken with one type of cancer or another. I often wonder: isinumpa na ba tayo ng Diyos? Because of our profligate ways? Sigh... we can only hope for the best, and pray like we've never prayed before.

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 23, 04:27:00 AM, Blogger GP Eleria said...

Saddening news indeed. There's no discounting the power of prayer though. Or of the simple comfort of knowing that someone cares for you (at least enough for someone to blog about your condition). Here's to hoping for all the best for Jenny.

I didn't even realize na marami nang entries dito. I shall read more later.. after JD comes back from Diesel. Tikla.

 
At Sat Sep 23, 01:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. Ngayon ko lang nabasa ito. Please tell Tita Jenny I'll be praying for her. -- Rinapots

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home